Fort Myers Construction Lawyer
Murphy’s Law famously claims that if anything can go wrong, it will. That may or may not be true, as a theoretical matter, but disputes during the construction process are very common.
When you are in a construction dispute — either as a property owner or a construction company — you need a strong, practical response that defends your rights and asserts your interests. Otherwise, the dispute is likely to drag on and on — and you may lose your best chance to resolve it effectively and efficiently. If that happens, in all likelihood you will lose your ability to move into your new house or building or get paid in a timely manner.
Whether you’re a property owner, construction company owner or just an independent construction professional, Kuhn Law Firm has the knowledge of construction law and the proven litigation skills to make sure your rights are protected. Call today to arrange a no-cost consultation to discuss your specific situation. Our experienced Fort Myers construction lawyers serve clients throughout southwestern Florida.
What Went Wrong?
There are any number of things that can cause a construction project to get off track and lead to legal action. These include:
- Construction defects and improper building methods
- Property owner stops paying, either due to financial distress or unhappiness with the project itself
- Delays in construction
- Contract Enforcement
- Contractual disputes: Questions about who needs to do what or who was responsible for what can raise complicated contractual issues. We can use our knowledge of construction law and proven litigation skills to pursue a resolution that is fair to you.
- Mechanic’s liens: When someone didn’t get paid for his or her work on a construction site, it is possible that a mechanic’s lien or some other encumbrance will be filed. Our attorneys can act quickly to either place a lien on a property or work to take them off. We can also help file a Notice to Owner for subcontractors who want to be sure they’re paid by the general contractor.
- Land-use and zoning issues: Restrictions on property owners imposed by local governments can be invasive and costly. Our firm can help you challenge them aggressively.
Our Pledge To Propery Owners and Constuction Companies
We know it’s a hassle, having to deal with a disagreement growing out of a construction project. Our pledge to you is this: We will lighten your load.
Let us take on the task of putting the dispute behind you in a way that fully reflects your rightful position. To arrange a confidential consultation, call 239-344-9430 or 877-243-1624. Of, if you prefer, fill out the easy online form.