Fort Myers Summary Administration Lawyer
The probate process has a reputation for being time-consuming and costly — a combination that few want to deal with, especially following the death of a loved one.
Not every probate of an estate need be complicated and expensive. In some cases, families can take advantage of a more simplified version of the legal process and settle a loved one’s estate with relative ease. This is referred to as summary administration, and whether you are in Southwest Florida or elsewhere , our Fort Myers firm can determine whether you can take advantage of this streamlined process.
As a law firm dedicated to estate planning, administration and related matters, we are go-to counsel for both families throughout Southwest Florida and out-of-state heirs.
“Is My Family Eligible To Take Advantage Of Summary Probate Administration?”
In general, there are two scenarios where a family may be able to use summary administration to settle a loved one’s estate:
- With the exception of property exempt from creditor claims, the total value of a decedent’s estate is less than $75,000.
- More than two years have passed since the death of the decedent and his or her estate has not already been probated.
If your loved one’s estate falls into either of these categories, our attorneys can take you step-by-step through the process, which begins by filing a petition for summary administration in probate court. Among the steps we will assist you and your family with are:
- Admitting a will (if any) into probate so that it can be validated
- Identifying creditors, notifying them of summary administration proceedings, and repaying debts from estate property to the extent possible
- Distributing estate assets to intended beneficiaries
Contact Our Firm To Speak With A Fort Myers Summary Administration Lawyer
Getting experienced legal help through the probate process can be as simple as picking up the phone for a free consultation. Email us now or call our Fort Myers office at 239-344-9430 (877-243-1624 toll free).